Friday, February 18, 2011

two passions margaret river 2008 chardonnay


Produced by the Wildberry Estate in Australia. I haven't dabbled much in Australian wines, although I've had a few New Zealand ones, all of which are red. This is the first Chardonnay I've had in a while. I chose it exclusively based on the pretty label and the price $15. It also had a wine spectator sign next to the price saying it received 91 points but that was more icing on the cake.

C and I drank this together, sipping on it after R went to bed after the big snow storm. I had even chilled in in a giant pile of snow outside. I did not care for this wine. I thought it tasted like really old apple juice. Which then reminded me that that's what I've thought of other Chardonnays. Maybe that is the draw people have to this variety, or I just haven't had a good one yet. I didn't get any complex flavors or even any oak. C liked it alright and finished the bottle. I give this 2 stars.

I'm looking for suggestions/recommendations for a good chardonnay? Anyone have any faves? Or how about some good Australian wines? I'm always looking to add to my list of to drinks!

1 comment:

Things to Do said...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Chardonnay either. I don't know that Chards and I are supposed to be friends.