Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wine Soda

Last week, I went with a friend to the Oakland Museum of California to visit see the Pixar exhibit. While waiting to make it into the exhibit, we decided to take a trek around the cafeteria. There we saw bottles of Vignette Wine Country Soda. Since my friend doesn't drink and we were in too big of a hurry for me to sit to sip a beer we decided to try these non-alcoholic drinks.

We tried the Pinot Noir and the Chardonnay. And let me say, this may be the first Chardonnay that I actually liked. The drinks aren't as sweet as sparkling grape juice (or grape soda), but still have a bubble. I'd even go so far as to say 'light'. We didn't try the Rosé, but next time for sure. I highly recommend for when you want a change from your normal sugary sodas. I don't know that I would say it was like drinking a glass of wine, but it was kind of nice to ditch the normal sodas (but for around $5.00 a bottle I might just stick to the real thing).

Have you ever tried a wine soda? What'd you think?

1 comment:

Crymson Flower said...

never heard of wine soda. I have had nonalcoholic wine before, a cab sav I think and it was awful. Wine colored sugar water. ish.