Monday, November 29, 2010

mocking the box


Yes I am a growing wine snob, most of the time I try to keep that to myself. I don't think any less of anyone if they only prefer the sweet wines, that is their opinion and taste. I don't think any less of anyone when they drink wine out of a box. I just make a mental note that they don't have the same wine preferences as me. I did have a hard time not mocking the box of wine I discovered at my parents house this holiday. I think I may have raised an eyebrow and they quickly went to defending this wine and insisting I try.

It was an Old Vine Zinfandel so I figured I had to give it a try. I'd never seen old vine zins in a box before. In fact I'd never heard of Bota Box wines before. They have quite an array of wines in a box. Each box is the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine and sold for $18. It's quite a deal. The wine was ok. Less concentrated as the beloved old vine zin's from Lodi California. Bota was also lighter in color and a bit fruitier than most zins as well. But all in all it was an ok wine. I wouldn't get it just for me to sip on. But if I were hosting a large group of people for a holiday this would be really perfect.

4 comments:

Things to Do said...

Our Target has Wine Cubes, that I have been oh so close to purchasing. They're so cute looking!

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

i have to say i'm not quite educated on wine enough to call myself a wine snob... yet. i do hope to wine day get there.

i have to say i sort of hate drinking any wines at my mama's because she literally puts ALL wine in the refrigerator! so sad. :( ruins my red every time. BOO :)

Crymson Flower said...

thanks for stopping by Jenna! Cold reds are awful! I feel your pain. =)

Cathy Engberg said...

Another Bota Box is on it's way to my front door right now! It's not too bad... kind of light and smooth. I agree with you assessment. Stop by and have a glass... we are about to be well stocked!