Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hey Mambo, swanky white




The heat of summer has set in and the last time I was at my fave wine store I was browsing the whites. I stumbled across this fun bottle name which immediately made me start singing the Rosemary Clooney song. So I picked up a the bottle and read the back of the label. It's a description of a lady in a dark bar/restaurant. And toward the end of the ladies description it implies that the wine tastes as good as she looks. I was sold. My only dilemma was to choose between the swanky white or the sultry red. I went w/ swanky.

The wine was surprisingly good. I was expecting sort of an eh flavor. California white wine can go either way. I could taste a light fruity flavor which was nice in the hot weather. We drank it during wine night while watching TV and catching up. I would get this again for a gift or to bring to a party. And I definitely plan to try the sultry red.

No comments: