Sunday, April 12, 2009

Woop Woop Shiraz


I've had some really good Australian wines and some really cheap not so good Australian wines. Woop Woop's Shiraz has proven on several occasions to be a good wine I can depend on.

This weekend we had some friends over for pizza and drinks. The guys had some Indian beers that were really tasty, and we had some wine. The first bottle we opened was not so great. So we ditched those glasses and opened up the Woop Woop I had around the house. It goes great with pizza, pasta, and roast. It's a smooth wine with a the lovely shiraz kick.

The label is pretty and the name, woop woop, can't be passed up. For anyone that enjoys a shiraz at a decent price ($10.99/bottle) this is a staple for your wine rack.

Speaking of wine racks, this weekend was not such a good weekend for my rack. I placed a bottle of wine on the rack that hangs on the wall, went to the basement just to hear the bottle crash to the floor. The bottle survived, but my pergo is dented and the shelf left two huge holes in my wall. Totally sucks, but the silver lining is I get to go shopping for a larger floor based wine rack, and a new piece of art to hide the patch work we'll do to the wall!

1 comment:

nordwolke said...

What a lovely label! And the name is really promising ... Will get you to another, more relaxing place, huh? :D
Bummer about the rack ... :(