Monday, March 23, 2009

Mirassou Pinot Noir


This isn't the first time that I'd tried the Mirassou Pinot Noir but my tastes were confirmed over the weekend when Chris, Chris, and had a couple of bottles. Yes I was in southern IL wine country this weekend, and yes we bought a couple of bottles of this. It was dinner time, we were having meaty meals that required a smooth pinot noir. Pinot grapes don't grow well in IL...so this is what we went with.
This really a decent pinot noir for it's price. It has all the right flavors and smoothness of a nice pinot. It's not quite as complex as some that I've had...but that's where the price difference comes in too. I've had Mirassou's reisling as well and I remember that being good too. Not quite the best...but still nice. So far in my list of favorite cheap pinot noirs...this comes in second. I'll blog my number one choice the next time I buy a bottle.

No comments: