Wednesday, March 23, 2011

wine shopping

Two weeks ago was the semi annual wine tasting at UFS a local savers store. I know lots of people that go there for their booze but you can also get pretty much anything at this store. I'd heard about these tastings, free wine and spirit tastings and usually a fairly good selection. So C, R, M, and I went to check out the hub bub.

Apparently it wasn't as big as it usually is but it was still a good time. I tasted a bunch of wines and a margarita in a can. The margarita in a can tasted like Sprite, which was eh at the time but it's still in my head. I may have to pick some up. We tasted good wines, and bad ones. One bad the guy said had hints of grapefruit, I'm pretty sure it was grapefruit juice. We left with 3 lovely bottles plus M picked up a red Greek wine for us to drink. I don't remember what the name of it was but it was pretty good. Not too dry not sweet either. A nicely balanced wine. I should have kept the bottle for a real review.

One week later we had a slumber party that destroyed my wine stash. 6 bottles were emptied between 3 of us. My beautifully stocked wine rack reduced to 2 meager bottles. 2 that were more expensive and didn't want to waste on our drunkenness. Good times good times. That's what wine nights/slumber parties are all about. =)

3 comments:

Things to Do said...

I'm pretty sure we left some chardonnay....

And yes when you go back to UFS can you look and see if you can find the Greek wine we got?

Crymson Flower said...

pretty sure C pitched the chardonnay during his clean up. I don't miss it, I didn't like it even after all that wine. I think that proves I'm not a chard fan.

nordwolke said...

Margarita in a can? Weird! I am a big margarita fan. It's so good having a good time with friends!